Thursday, June 26, 2008

Now you see it, now you don't

ON her blog, Melissa of the inspired room asks to show examples of concealing flaws or unsightly spots in our houses. I had no trouble finding examples in mine, beginning with the spot at which I am writing this entry.
How to deal with the eyesore created by the tangle of outlets, plugs and cords of my computer system and its peripherals?



This solution isn't perfect but at least they are out of sight:




My laundry station is tucked away behind three doors, and though the ironing board is a normal implement there, still it lacks appeal. It's also where I keep my long arm grabber and a tub on the floor with clean rags:



Adding a curtain, dresses up the the wall and keeps all these necessary tools of the trade handy and hidden.



The worst for last. In the family room, this A/C unit screams 1960 yet on the few days each summer when the temperature rises above 90 in the NW, I close the doors and it creates a oasis of coolness in the house so we gladly overlook its lack of elegance.




When it's cooler, this light weight wooden case, painted the same color as the wall, seems a little strange perhaps but way better than what it hides:



YOUR turn. Melissa wants to know your concealed secrets,too!

12 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

You are a CREATIVE CONCEALMENT genius, I say! Clever clever clever. I am so glad you are participating, these are perfect examples!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

PS. If any of your readers want to participate in sharing their creative concealment ideas, they can find the info on my blog http://theinspiredroom.wordpress.com/

Happy day, Francoise!!

Cote de Texas said...

these are so great! I love the last one the best.

Thanks for the comment too.
Joni

Tomate Farcie said...

I love the basket!!!

Teresa said...

I'm smiling at the basket over the wires- simply but perfect- I will be using that idea- Thanks :}

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates said...

These are all wonderful ideas! I really love the simplicity of the basket and curtain. I may have to use that basket idea!

At Home Redesigns said...

Great ideas for hiding stuff! I especially like the curtain.

Jen r. said...

Great ideas! Jen R

Darla @ UltraBeautyBoutique said...

Very cool ideas. I like the curtain in the bath/laundry.

Courtney said...

excellent ideas! I like your idea for the AC unit better than mine. :-)

Marie said...

Great ideas! I got quite a giggle out of the basket over the cords! Why didn't I think of that?? :o)

Jen said...

Great concealment ideas! I think I'll have to steal that basket idea. So simple, yet so effective!