Saturday, June 28, 2008

Obamania



An impressive stance of O against the rising sun.
Is it my imagination or does he have an Asian je ne sais quoi?

This poster was photographed by tomate farcie on the edge of Chinatown in San Francisco, and it appears here with her gracious permission. You can read her interesting comments on her blog (June 8) and decide if you respond as she does.

Do you, or someone you know, have pictures of freelance Obama posters? I'd like to see them!

***********************************************************************************

Funnily enough, soon after posting the above, I came across this picture in today's internet edition of Le Monde. So for the sake of balance, here is the other would-be savior.



This is the best I could do with the tiny picture of my screen, but you get the idea!

2 comments:

Tomate Farcie said...

Don't stand too close to the sun, you'll get burned ;) !

Françoise said...

Merci Tomate,

Maybe I'll post a picture of Breughel's "La chute d'Icare" or rather "De Val van Icarus" as the old master would have said.