Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Melissa Touch

Melissa of the inspired room celebrates her first year anniversary as a blogger this week. She marvels at having attracted such a following but those of us who have followed her advice are not a bit surprised.

I dithered for weeks wondering about altering the faux finish of my living room and dining walls. Should I go lighter? Darker? Sage? Rosy? Nothing seemed right. I especially didn't want to have to re-paint all the other walls and the hall.



After listening to my uncertainties, she pointed out the obvious: use the same color as on the other walls! It took me a moment or two to re-adjust to this simplest of solution and then I went with it. Actually is a nice rich cream, not rosy as on the picture.



Now that it is done, I am very pleased with the "new" look of the rooms; the space seems more open and brighter. Best of all, it was a very easy and inexpensive transformation.

As an added bonus, I "de-concealed" the content of the china cabinet.



I opted for re-organization instead. It is visually more interesting and it adds brightness, too. The backdrop is a an old sheet, I 'll have to remedy that soon!




Happy anniversary, Melissa, and we look forward to many more!

4 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Francoise,

First of all, thank you for the kind words. You are a good blogging friend!

Second, I love your new look! So oftentimes the simple solution is really the best one. It looks fresh, bright and clean! Your beautiful furnishings stand out against the backdrop and capture our attention! Just as I think it should be, lovely!

Third, love the de-concealment! There is a time to conceal an ugly and a time to show off an organized and de-cluttered space! This is definitely a time to show off, and I am glad you did.

Excellent work!

Happy Friday!

Melissa

Kate G. said...

I'm with Melissa--I love the de-concealment!

Cote de Texas said...

Looks great! Love the deconcealment!!! Why hide such a beautiful piece?

Thanks for your comment to my blog - but you hate slipcovers? Awww, you don't know what you are missing!!! haha

Jill, Joe & Foxy said...

It looks great!