Saturday, July 26, 2008

Water + Baking Powder = Double Gas Mileage?


I'll tell you right now: Car talk is not something I am known for. I leave it to my sons. However, *paying* for gas is another matter which is why this particular news item caught my attention.

Why aren't we all doing this? It seemed so simple and inexpensive that I suspected a scam. So I went there to see what they had to say.

If you want more info,do a search with "water baking powder gas", there is plenty more info on the internet, and by searching "gas saver" on YouTube a whole crop of DIY videos will crop up showing you how it works and how to convert your engine.
And then there are blogs dedicated to the same idea.

Soooo, I am very interested in knowing if any of you readers and lurkers may have any first hand information on this process. Do any of you use it or know someone who does? Would you please ask around to find out if this really works and/or if there are any serious down sides.
If not, for a small investment, we are onto a good thing here!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hi,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving the suggestion about the KY. Farms book. It is a wonderful idea and I'll bet I can find one on e-bay. I always just assumed that if I built a white house with black shutters, it would match..but after doing more designer research..I am thinking that before we dive into building, we need to make sure we don't make a mistake!

JoJo said...

Vous avez fait ma journée! Thank you for visiting my blog and adding me to your favorites! I am still looking into the fuel idea. Very interesting.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Yipes. Knowing what baking powder does in baking, I'd be a bit afraid I'd shoot down the street like a rocket. Not that that's a bad thing. I am interested in what you find out, though!

Tomate Farcie said...

Hmm.. I don't know about that. Any idea that could end our dependence on oil is worth looking into I guess?

Thank you for your recent visit to my humble little blog, by the way. I'll check out the links now.

Cote de Texas said...

I need to look into this, my car is the biggest gas guzzler!!!! I'm like ready to trade it in!!! I'm going to show this to my husband and let him figure it out.