Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Fall Garden

“Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile.” (-William Cullen Bryant)
(shamelessly lifted from A Brush With Color to be shared with those who lived with me on Bryant Street)

The garden lives and changes caring nothing for financial crises, elections or guns, and reminds me that after these chilling and uncertain times spring and summer will return.


click on lower right corner for a larger image


Here in the Northwest, fall is at its best, crisp morning air turning into warm sunny midday. An explosion of yellow, orange and red foliage lines up my street, the last roses strain toward the sun and the hydrangeas are ready to be harvested and dried for winter pleasure. Soon I'll plant the spring bulbs: yellow crocuses between the flagstones, a border of red species tulips and blue forget-me-nots; and for the house hyacinths and amaryllis. I am already smiling in anticipation!

Thank you to all who e-mailed or commented on the previous entry

4 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Perfect picture of fall! the photographs and the words!

Jill, Joe and Foxy said...

Very pretty flowers.

A Brush with Color said...

Wonderful! Thank you for "lurking" in my blog from time to time, and for telling me you'd visited! I love your posts here that I've seen! wonderful!

Kate G. said...

Your roses are exquisite.