Tuesday, January 13, 2009

AWOL in 2009 . . .



. . . but I am back at my computer after a short but very happy break with the whole clan in the Sierra Nevada. It was the first time in 10 years that all my children and grandchildren were together in one place and we loved it.


We played silly games. . .



which led to useless contortions . . .



some made the most of it . . .



More serious people sneaked in some work on the laptop



while others opted to crochet a warm hat . . .



and a big cousin braided a little cousin hair in perfect skiing style.






After all that snow fun, derrières needed warming up . . .



and stomachs had to be filled naturally.



All in all, the perfect family time.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

6 comments:

Kate G. said...

What fun!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Edward and I are happy to see that you've returned!! Looks like a good time was had by all. All the best to you for the new year!

Jill, Joe and Foxy said...

we missed you. I should have our stuff moved in at the end of the month.

Barbara said...

Hi Francoise - those pics just scream happy families. How wonderful to enjoy the holidays together.

Jojo said...

How perfect!!!! So happy that after the Christmas snow-in, you managed to escape to such a perfect family gathering!!! Your post put a smile on my face.

Jojo said...

I have been watching your blog to see if you were going to the inauguration. Several colleagues are there and I can't wait to watch for them during tomorrow's ceremonies. A very exciting time for our country.