Monday, April 4, 2011

Winter Gardens

It rained 29 consecutive days in March, so at the first sight of sun in April I took myself to the Oregon Gardens for a lovely afternoon in nature.

 First, I saw this fearless green heron sitting over a red algae covered pond with his neck low between his shoulders.



I noticed several yellow flowers, like skunk cabbage ( I didn't check on its scent)


                              


 



                             and many daffodils,






.

also masses of these brilliant flowers on a bush whose name I forgot to look up.

And look at the flowering tree blossoms.






This tree needed no blossoms to attract my attention.


It was a quiet beautiful afternoon for noticing small details 

 
and enjoying the far away horizon.


1 comment:

Jojo said...

It's all beautiful.